Every year during the first week of May, we join the U.S. Travel Association in celebrating National Travel and Tourism Week, but we know the hospitality in Aggieland is so amazing that we celebrate for an ENTIRE MONTH!
The Story of Hospitality:
Legend has it, a sea captain would spear a pineapple outside of his house each time he arrived home safely from a long voyage. The pineapple was an invitation to his neighbors, inviting them to join him and his family for dinner or just to chat. The pineapple symbolizes generosity, the kind spirit, attentive approach and hospitality that brings joy to everyone you meet!
Celebrate with Us!
We are celebrating Bryan College Station for the entire month of May and we want you to join in on the fun!
- May 1-7, 2016: National Travel and Tourism Week presented by the U.S. Travel Association
- Get involved in the conversation by using: #CelebrateBCS and #NTTW16
- May 6, 2016: 4th Annual Community Celebration – 6:00 pm @ Wolf Pen Creek Park Amphitheater
- Join us for an evening of FREE goodies, family fun and don’t forget your lawn chairs for Movies in the Park presented by the City of College Station Parks and Recreation! “Seabiscuit” will be showing!
- May 9-13, 2016: #CelebrateBCS Social Media Competition
- Make sure you’re following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as we give you a challenge each day to win big courtesy of our sponsors!
- Prizes include an Aggieland War Games Party Pack for 10, a $50 Ground Shuttle gift certificate, a one-night stay in a corner suite at the Hilton Hotel in College Station, and more from Grand Station, and Pebble Creek Country Club!
For more information on BCS Tourism Month and all the fun we’ve planned visit our website!